‘The Poona Brewout’ is brought to you by a collective of three companies, with a reputed past of hosting events in Pune. Specializing in the Food and Beverage, Live Music and Hospitality sector, the team has a history of 75+ events behind them.
Expect a picnic like Sunday, featuring 40+ brews, food from known and established brands, a raging drinking games showdown, a quirky flea market, a kid’s arena and live music all day.
|Showtime Arena, Balkrishna Lawns|
Eight Reasons Why The Poona Brewout is worth a visit
- It’s on a Sunday! The day where the world chooses to sleep, our city breaks all stereotypes and heads straight out of their homes. There’s nothing close to this experience to make your day off from work, a memorable one.
- Beer, lots of beer and only select craft beer! For the first time in Pune, eight breweries join hands to serve you 40+ craft beers, all under one roof. From ales to ciders, lagers to wheat brews, there’s something for every discerning palate in the city.
- With great beer, comes great food! The Poona Brewout has invited 11+ restaurants to bring in a carefully curated food and dessert menu that’ll enhance your beer drinking experience. Ranging over 12 different cuisines, there’s something delicious cooking to titillate every festival goer’s taste buds.
- The live music lineup is a stellar one! Kicking proceedings off is a warm acoustic singer-songwriter session from 1-4 PM. Quickly picking up the vibe are 3 fantastic bands who shall cover ground on all your favorite genres of music ranging from classic rock, rock n roll, retro, reggae, ska and pop.
- To keep the entertainment quotient high, the Beer Wealth Games are setting up a dedicated drinking games zone at the festival. Bring your competitive best to the drinking games arena. With a range of eight drinking games, there are major bragging rights at stake between you and your buddies, testing your liver and your mettle.
- The venue, Balkrishna Lawns, is a centrally located, sprawling one with ample space and adequate parking. Having hosted events like the Nucleya concert, Karen Anand’s Pune Farmer’s Market and many more, the venue is just appropriate for a festival like this.
- A quirky flea market to add some retail therapy to your fabulous Sunday binge drinking experience!
- A dedicated kids zone so that parents need not worry about supervising their children at this festival. An active kids zone hosted by Natasha Asnani of Callow will give you enough time to take in the festival experience while keeping your toddlers and children busy while you take that much deserved break.
About the Beer
40+ craft beers will be on tap by independent breweries – Independence Brewing Company, Effingut, Kimaya Brewing Company, Moonshine Meadery, Great State Aleworks, Toit Brewpub, White Owl and Hoegaarden.
Here are some of the beer I tried at the press conference.
The Dry Stout is nitro poured to give out a smoother, creamier and fuller mouth feel. Fresh coffee aroma on the nose, this dry stout has a bitter sweet taste on the palate with toasted malts imparting a roasted, astringent flavor to the beer. The Hefeweizen is a traditional unfiltered Bavarian wheat beer with flavors of banana and cloves, with a hint of bubblegum.
The other beers available at The Poona Brewout would be Apple Cider, Scotch Ale, Kolsch, and Citrus Burst IPA.
Great State Aleworks
Brightside is an easy drinking, unfiltered ale with bright aroma of orange zest and earthy undertones of coriander.
The other beers available at The Poona Brewout would be Off Duty Pale Ale, Salted Kokum Saison, and Extra Time Pale Lager.
Independence Brewing Company
The Blueberry Pie is a sour ale aged with fresh blueberries.
The other beers available at The Poona Brewout would be Belgian Wit, Four Grain Saison, and Oh So Trendy.
Kimaya Brewing Company
The Vanilla Porter has aromas of vanilla and toasted grain which set the stage for prominent dark chocolate notes while the K-IPA has lots of tropical fruits with a prominent peach and melon aroma along with hints of citrus.
The other beers available at The Poona Brewout would be Belgian Wit, and Apple Cider.
The Apple Cyder Mead is a semi dry and refreshing mead made from apples sourced from Kashmir, and the honey adds a layer of floral complexity. On the other hand, the Coffee Mead is made by cold steeping artisanally roasted coffee from Chikmagalur into a multi-floral honey mead.
Matured over oak chips soaked in bourbon, the Bourbon Oaked Apple Mead is an award-winning mead from their experimental MeadLab series.
|Apple Cyder Mead and Coffee Mead|
The other beers available at The Poona Brewout would be Spiced Pineapple Mead, and Sir Mix-a-lot Traditional.
The Poona Brewout would also feature Dark Knight, Tintin Toit, Mumbai Lager, and Toit’s Pune Brewout Edition from Toit Brewpub; Spark, Diablo, Ace, Paulina, and Halcyon from White Owl and the Hoegaarden beer.
About the Food
The food section at The Poona Brewout features 9 popular restaurants and 3 dessert counters. Curated by Sasha Anand of Pomelo Social, the food being offered has been picked carefully keeping in mind its pairing with craft beer. The featured brands include The Asian Box, Bubster’s, Burger 69, Mr. Rabbit’s Burrow & Bar, Café Arabia, Kabiro, Callow, Mahlzeit, Pack-a-Pav, Boo Boo Candy, The Ice Cream Factory and Mr. Potato Tornadoes.
About the Music
1:00 to 4:00 PM slot is dedicated to local, homegrown and independent performers following the acoustic singer-songwriter theme, while Look Who’s Playing [a progressive funk band] would be playing in the 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM slot. The 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM slot will feature The Fanculos, a horn-fronted, five-piece power band while Groove Junktion [a Pune based band comprising of the city’s top senior session musicians] will play the 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM slot.
|Look Who’s Playing|
About the Drinking Games Arena
A first of its kind Beer Game Arena will be organized by Mental Rental to keep the crowd entertained and winning while they sip on some hand-crafted brews. This arena will feature games like Mini Golf, Giant Sumo Suit Wars, Giant Pool Ball, Hole in One, Beer Balloon, Ring the Drink, Can Toss and Tipsy Darts.
Date: 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM, 12th August 2018
Venue: Showtime Arena, Balkrishna Lawns, Mundhwa
Entry Charges: Rs. 249 [only entry] & Rs. 1000 [entry + full cover redeemable on alcohol only]
Online Ticketing Partner: Insider.in
Lots of craft beer, curated food by multiple restaurants, live music all day and love on tap! Mark your calendars for one of the most anticipated celebrations of ALL THINGS CRAFT.
Note: All photos are courtesy The Poona Brewout and respective brands.
I was invited for a press conference. This blog is a narrative of my experience at the event. These are my views that I have expressed in the blog. Others are most welcome to agree or disagree with the same.
The blog is not personally or commercially influenced. I have not lifted, copied or plagiarized it from any source either. However, I have done my due diligence via publicly available information on the internet and as shared by the client/PR agency.
All rights reserved.